The Corporate Technology Management department of a major U.S. company is expanding its current domestic infrastructure support to include their businesses in Japan. This new expansion of international support will span four technology platforms: Network (voice and data), Mainframe, Wintel, and UNIX.
They are seeking a Procurement Analyst who will be part of their Technology Procurement Organization and will ensure that Technology Procurement for Japan leverages all relationships that currently exist and helps to expand those relationships to Japan. The successful candidate will also will need to surface issues that are unique to Japan Technology Procurement and manage them to resolution.
Location: Newark, NJ
Years of Experience: 1-2 (entry level position)
Right to hire: Yes (within 3 months)
Salary Range: all salary negotiations are contingent on the candidate's level of experience
- Manage and support Technology Procurement orders for office in Japan
- Responsible for the product/pricing research, responding to user inquiries via e-mail and phone, placement of orders and management of orders until delivery help resolve invoice reconciliation issues
- Help establish vendor relationships with manufacturers, software publishers and resellers and manage those relationships on an on-going basis be instrumental in negotiation with vendors in Japan
- Responsible for helping to convert the current Technology Procurement system into Yen/Japanese and keeping it up to date on an on-going basis
- Strong at multitasking, managing details, problem resolution, customer service and excellent communication skills
- Experience working in both Japan and the U.S. a plus
- Knowledge of Japanese culture and business practices
- Bilingual – Fluent with English and Japanese (preferably Level 1 Language proficiency certification)
- Travel to Japan