The Corporate Technology Management department of a Fortune 500 company is expanding its current domestic infrastructure support to include their businesses in Japan. This new expansion of international support will span four technology platforms: Network (voice and data), Mainframe, Wintel, and UNIX.
They are seeking a Problem Management Lead. The selected candidates will be responsible for supporting the Company's IT Infrastructure with a working knowledge of multiple disciplines including Problem Management, Network Operations, and Server/Web application support.
Location: Roseland, NJ
Target Start Date: ASAP
Years of Experience: 3-5 years preferred
Working hours: 8:00pm-4:00am (to mirror Japan*s working hours)
Right to hire: Yes (could be direct hire or within first couple of months)
Salary Range: Based on candidate's experience.
The position will be heavily loaded as a Problem Manager with a focus on strong technical skills in the distributed, network technologies area's working to resolve all complex infrastructure problems in a timely fashion.
- Possess technical knowledge to do hands on troubleshooting
- Experience in distributed, network technologies, with general mainframe knowledge as a plus
- Fundamental analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills are necessary
Good working knowledge of the following products is preferred:
- Hardware and Operating systems:
* Cisco Routers and Switches
* IBM and HP Server hardware lines including IBM BladeCenters and HP Blades
* Unix and Linux including AIX and Solaris
* Windows XP, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, DNS, TCP/IP, SMS and Microsoft's management and troubleshooting tools
* VMWare Virtual Center
* F5 BigIP and 3DNS
* Veritas Netbackup and BackupExec
* Familiar with Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Visio and Lotus Notes
* Familiar with general Mainframe operations a plus
* IBM Topaz and Business Availability Center
* Intrusion Detection - McAfee Intrushield